Welcome to the TBI website! This website provides a dynamic, accessible and user-friendly experience for TBI members and visitors.
All TBI members are invited to join the site to have full access to the social networking and group features.
TBI members will have access to:
- Social Networking: Full social-networking capabilities (similar to Facebook) including profiles, messaging, groups, discussion forums, and the ability to post pictures, videos, audio and other multimedia. All information will be private and accessible only to other registered members of the site.
- Profile Page: Each registered member will have a main profile page. Members will have the option to customize their page and add, photos, videos, apps and a blog. The profile page will also (optionally) show events you are attending and will be your access point to read and respond to any messages or alerts from other members of the community.
- Groups: The new site offers an online meeting place for the various groups at TBI. Groups can be either private or public, and can be open to all members or by invitation only. Group members can have discussions in group forums lessening the need for endless back and forth emails and responses. Group members can also post various content including files, photos and videos and can also have an easily accessible calendar of events.
- Classifieds: Now TBI members can share skills, offer and ask for help or assistance, buy and sell products and ask general questions of the community. This will hopefully become a useful resource, and help us create a stronger community of support and sharing. This section of the site will be accessible only to registered members of the site, and will be moderated as necessary.
TBI members and visitors will have access to:
- Calendar: The new TBI calendar will be a Google Calendar, which can easily be exported to your own computer or web calendars, and can also be set to remind you of certain events.
- Events: Events will be more easily accessible, and can be shared via email and Facebook. It is possible to RSVP directly from the website and also post questions and comments on the event “wall”.
- Live streaming: TBI will now be streaming selected events and programs through UStream. The live and archived streams will be accessible from the UStream tab on the right hand side of the home page.
- Eugene Candlelighting times, updated parsha and current Jewish news: The site will now have this information updated and accessible on the front page.
How to register for the site:
If you are a member of TBI, you can register for the site to have access to all of the social networking capabilities and features. Click SIGN UP on the top right hand corner of the home page. You will be asked to pick a username and password and answer some other basic questions. You can also add a profile picture and other details if you wish. Once you are a member of the site, you will have to be approved by the site administrator. After you receive a confirmation email, certain features will open up, including the ability to access to the community forums, classifieds and full member list. Once you are a member, a MY PAGE tab will appear on the top of the page. Click this to go to your profile page, where you can send and receive messages with other members of the community, post photographs, add videos and even start a blog.
To join a group
On the home page, click on GROUPS on the top tabs. If you find a group that you are interested in joining, click on the icon, and click JOIN GROUP. Please note, some groups are private or invitation only and are not open to the entire community. When you have joined a group, it will show up on your profile page.
To view the calendar and other community information, click on the tabs on the top of the page to navigate through the site.
To view and RSVP to events see the events tab on the top of the page, or the events box on the side of the home page. Events will be updated on a regular basis.
The site is made to be easy to use and navigate. If you have any questions or need assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.